Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hey, I wanna a bonus too! I think.

I'm not upset with those boys and girls who are getting bonus money from these big companies. Really, think about it. I mean, what is your price, or mine? Who would I sell out for a million dollars? how about six million? Wouldn't you TRY to sneak away unseen with a nice direct deposit to your Wells Fargo? Now, I wouldn't shoot somebody or try to sell some pictures of someone walking on the beach-holding hands with someone who wasn't his or her spouse, or commit a major crime (low and medium crimes are still up for clarification and discussion). I mean if you legitimately "earned" a bonus by sticking it out or holding it up, or sold the most, wouldn't you try to walk out the door with something that would clear most of your debts, put a nice little balance in your savings account, as well as pay for that round trip to the Grand Cayman's where the water is blue, the beer is cold, and the banks have no agreements for disclosure via subpoena. What, actually, is our bottom line?

It's funny, I might actually sell out my country's secrets for a maple long-john. One of those from Krispey-Kreme. You know the kind; the one's that when you bite them, the top and bottom are so moist and gooey they pinch together. Yep, I'm salivating too. But a million bucks-hmm. I'm not that motivated. Sure, it would be nice but you know someone would find out. Then they would want something, like a car, or dinner, or a new kidney. Pretty soon, you've run out of money but no one would believe you. They would keep asking. You'd have to say 'no' or keep up the lie and keep shelling out the gifts, then you'd be broke but you would keep it up until all you had left was a pair of black socks and a CD of Gordon Lightfoot, laying face down in your own mix of vomit and Thunderbird, under the Seventh Avenue Bridge with a new street 'friend' named Gustave who said in his prime he was a feline in CATS on Broadway until he broke his ankle and became addicted to the pain meds. He talks to cats all around him, none of which are there.



Nope, I'm not upset with those boys and girls at all.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're blogging . . . and that now we can publicly comment on your wisdom and whimsy.

    ReplyDelete